Undergraduate research opportunities
Many of our faculty, both math and math education, are involved in research projects with students. The ways you can participate in a research project with a faculty member at GVSU include:
- the GVSU Math Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program,
- the Summer Student Scholars Program (S3),
- taking MTH 496,
- taking an independent study and
- the Student Scholars Day (SSD).
GVSU Math REU
Opportunities outside GVSU
- American Mathematical Society (AMS) list of the summer programs
- NSF funded REU sites
- University of Arizona's list of math summer programs with brief descriptions
- Math Opportunities page maintained by the The Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
Funding opportunities are also available by visiting OURS Summer Scholar Programs. They include the following: Kindschi Fellowship, Alayont Fellowship, MS3, and McNair Scholar Program.