Payment and Refunds FAQ

Students have the option of splitting any remaining balance on their account into four monthly payments throughout the semester. The first payment is due by the first payment deadline of each semester with a one-time  $40 fee. Additional payment information can be found at

Online via check or credit card, in person at the Records/Student Assistance windows in Allendale or on the Pew Campus Downtown, by phone at 1-800-789-1923, or a check can be mailed to Student Accounts.

Cash and check payments can be made in-person on the main Allendale campus in the Student Services Building or on the downtown Pew Campus in the DeVos Building. Electronic payments can also be made on a student's myBanner; there is a $20 transaction fee for credit and debit card payments but electronic payments can be made with no additional charges. Checks and money orders can be mailed to the Student Accounts Office, and card payments are accepted over the phone with the transaction fee. The Financial Aid Office cannot take any payments.

The Student Accounts Office will begin processing refund checks of excess aid during the second week of classes each semester.

If you are already signed up for direct deposit this information is valid each semester. If you have not signed up for direct deposit and wish to do so you can on your myBanner under the "Student Account" page.

The Student Accounts Office stipulates that if an account is paid with a credit card and financial aid subsequently pays on the account, the credit card account must first be refunded before any student refund will be processed.

Financial aid eligibility is the same for students who live on-campus and those who live off-campus not with parents. If you live off-campus, and your financial aid is greater than your Grand Valley charges you will be issued a financial aid refund intended to help cover the cost of your off-campus housing.

Page last modified June 22, 2017