LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Repeat Course Policy for Financial Aid
Effective July 1, 2011, due to changes in federal regulations the Financial Aid Office is required to monitor and adjust a student's enrollment level for Title IV aid if, or when, they repeat coursework for credit that they have already earned.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course for the first time.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course that was previously failed, regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed.
- A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time. For this purpose, a passing grade is defined as D- or better.
- If a student retakes a course that is not aid eligible, the credit hours will be excluded from the total enrollment for the semester.
- Students will receive an e-mail notification from our office if they are enrolled in a course that would need to be excluded from their eligible enrollment.
- Not all aid will require an adjustment. Click here for information on how your enrollment affects your financial aid.
Please Note: This rule applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.