For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Repeat Course Policy for Financial Aid
Effective July 1, 2011, due to changes in federal regulations the Financial Aid Office is required to monitor and adjust a student's enrollment level for Title IV aid if, or when, they repeat coursework for credit that they have already earned.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course for the first time.
- A student may receive aid when repeating a course that was previously failed, regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed.
- A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time. For this purpose, a passing grade is defined as D- or better.
- If a student retakes a course that is not aid eligible, the credit hours will be excluded from the total enrollment for the semester.
- Students will receive an e-mail notification from our office if they are enrolled in a course that would need to be excluded from their eligible enrollment.
- Not all aid will require an adjustment. Click here for information on how your enrollment affects your financial aid.
Please Note: This rule applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.