DACA & Undocumented Students

Federal & State financial aid sources require recipients to be U.S. citizens; therefore, these funding opportunities are limited for undocumented students.  Grand Valley State University provides institutional grant assistance which is available for admitted students who are having difficulty paying their tuition, regardless of their citizenship status. 

To be considered for institutional grant assistance, you must complete an Institutional Grant Assistance Request form to our office.

Institutional Grant Assistance Request Form 2024-2025

Scholarship Opportunities

Students are eligible for merit-based scholarships at Grand Valley State University, provided the student meets the minimum academic requirements.  Students are encouraged to use every opportunity before and during college to find internal and external scholarships to offset the cost of attendance.

Alternative Loans

Alternative loans are non-Federal loans used to supplement financial aid for credit-worthy students and their families. Grand Valley does not have a preferred lender agreement with any private loan lenders and will work with any lender a student requests. There are some loan servicers that will lend funds to a student/family regardless of citizenship status. To start your search, please visit our alternative loan lender list

Additional Resources

Key Contacts

Alfany Rosales-Muro
[email protected]
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
(616) 331-3234

Page last modified May 13, 2024