LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
How to Write a Thank You Letter
The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships requests that you submit a written acknowledgment to your donors(s) for their contribution to your scholarship. Your donor will appreciate the written correspondence and would like to hear from you. Click here to view a sample thank you letter. It is suggested that you write it as soon as possible while it is fresh on your mind.
All thank you notes must be uploaded to myScholarships by August 31st and will be sent to your donor later in the fall. If you are unsure to whom your letter should be addressed, please email us at email@example.com
Here are some helpful tips for writing a thank you letter:
- Express enthusiasm and genuine gratitude
- Write clearly and concisely
- Try not to focus on the material things (i.e. laptops and iPads) that you may be able to afford with the help of a scholarship
- Double-check for typos and grammatical errors
Topics you may want to include:
- Your major, your area of study, and how you are doing in classes
- Where you come from, background about yourself, your family, and your interests
- Your future goals for your career and life, what you plan to do with your degree
- The difference this scholarship is making for you