Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
eLearning and Emerging Technologies is tracking and engaged in a variety of digital learning and academic innovations across the campus. This work is collaborative with campus partners that include: the Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center, University Libraries, and the Office of the Provost, along with additional key constituencies across the institution.
Topics and Trends
Here are a few areas of concentration and themes being facilitated by the eLearning Team:
- Blackboard Learning Management System and Instructional Technology Support
- Digital Media Development (Video, Interactive Multimedia, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality)
- Classroom Technology (SmartBoards, AppleTV, Wireless Presentation etc.)
- Online and Hybrid Teaching and Learning
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Student Retention and Early Alert
- Learning Analytics and Big Data
- Active and Adaptive Learning
- Student Response Systems
- Flexible Learning Spaces
- Flipped Instruction
- Learning Objects
- Design Thinking
- Mobile Learning
- OpenBadges (See eLearning's Faculty Badges at GVSU)
Have an Idea? Let's Connect!
Have an idea, come across a new technology, want to talk about the future?
Contact us and let's build the next generation of teaching and learning together!
Pilots and Active Projects
The eLearning and Emerging Technologies team is engaged in a variety of pilots and active projects that include the following:
- Blackboard Grades Journey Project - In Evaluation
- Blackboard Assessment and Accreditation - Evaluated Fall 2019, Approved, Beginning Implementation
- Blackboard Photo Roster, Display Pronouns - In Evaluation Winter 2020
- Paper Scanning and Testing Software Project - In Evaluation Winter 2020
- Blackboard Drop/Add Enrollment Notifications - Fall 2017
- Blackboard Ally - June 2018
- Panopto Pilot - June 2018
- Blackboard MERGE Course Request Form and Policy Change - Spring 2019
- Respondus LockDown and Monitor - Fall 2019
- VitalSource Blackboard Integration Implemented - Winter 2020
- Labster Blackboard Integration Implemented - Winter 2020
- Blackboard Ally BeeLine - Winter 2020
- Microsoft OneNote Blackboard Integration - Summer 2019 Evaluation Summer 2020 Implemented
- PlayPosit Pilot - Summer 2018
- VoiceThread Pilot - Summer 2017
- Google Course Kit Blackboard Integration - Summer 2019