GVRP (Retiree) Permits

Congratulations! Now what...

Only registered GVSU Retirees can receive GVRP parking permits. To obtain your GVRP parking permit, simply bring in your active Faculty/Staff permit once your retirement is accepted by Human Resources and we will exchange it for you. You may exchange your permit prior to your last day of work.

GVRP permits are treated just like Faculty/Staff permits, however, they are valid for four years. To ensure a new permit is issued upon the expiration of your current permit, please ensure you keep your information updated with HR.

Register Your Vehicle Online

To register for a permit please visit the Citizen Connect portal at https://www.tocite.net/gvsu/portal.  

Directions - How To Use The Citizen Connect Portal *UPDATED* 8/3/2020 10:15 a.m.

For directions on how to use the Citizen Connect portal, please view this document.  

Forget to Switch Your Cling?

Please visit the Citizen Connect Portal and select which vehicle your permit should be associated with for the day.  For directions on how to do this, please review the end of this document. You are only allowed to have one vehicle on campus at any time.

Inviting Guests to Campus?

GVSU Retirees can request temporary permits free of charge for up to 9 guests per date requested. Your guest cannot be associated with GVSU in any capacity other than as a guest. This means you cannot request permits for yourself, other faculty or staff, or registered students. Submitting this request is not a guarantee for parking on GVSU properties in specific lots or at specific times. Closures, detours, maintenance, and other events, both university and non-university related, may restrict access to areas normally designated for parking without advance notice. Guests are required to follow the GVSU Traffic & Parking Ordinance and any or all applicable local and state laws while driving and parking any vehicle on campus.