Recreation Center Members
Recreation Center Membership
Recreation Center or Kelly Family Sports Center members are required to have a parking permit or utilize the pay-to-park areas.
- With an active Rec Center membership, you are eligible for a permit at no cost valid for parking in Lots C, G2-G3, and the student areas of Lot H on the Allendale Campus only. The permit is NOT VALID in pay-to-park areas, in specially signed spaces, or on the Grand Rapids Campuses.
- Your permit will expire on the end date of your membership. Permits can only be issued for up to one year at a time.
- Rec Center permits cannot be issued or used by current GVSU students. Your permit privileges will be suspended if found to be in violation.
- Only one permit can be issued per active Rec Center Member with a valid driver's license.
- Permits are not required to park in student parking spaces during the Spring and Summer semesters.
- Should you receive a parking violation while on campus, please refer to the information provided on the parking violation or visit Appeal Citation for citation appeal information.
Campus Recreation Class Visitor
At this time, long-term parking permits are not available to members of the community taking classes at the Rec Center or Kelly Family Sports Center. GVSU is a permit only campus and your options for parking while on campus are:
- Pay-to-park areas using pay stations or ParkMobile.
- Visitors may request a no-cost permit by visiting our office before each campus recreation class.