Understanding College Expectations
Get the most out of your experience at GVSU
The topics below will help you:
- Become familiar with commonly used terms at GVSU & expectations of you as a student
- Learn how to communicate effectively with your professors
- Access the Student Handbook
- Find tips on registering for classes, declaring a Major, and navigating Blackboard
- Access opportunities beyond the classroom
- Locate digital learning tools
How do I communicate with professors?
The Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities (STU)
Click on the button below and read through GVSU's policies and standards that are embodied within a set core of values to include integrity, community, inclusion & equity, respect, and responsibility.
How do I register for classes?
Explore all the things you need to know about registering for classes by navigating through the links below.
Technology & Online Classes
Technology and Digital literacy refer to someone’s ability to utilize, assess and communicate using a variety of digital devices and interfaces (email, internet, social media, etc.), along with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Self-Directed Learning Options:
- Learn How to Use Blackboard
- Free GFC Global Technology Tutorials
- Free Digital Literacy Microsoft Modules
Need a Device?
Access to Free Software: