LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Outstanding Institutional Representative Award
Chiara Hensley, left, and Deb Bloom, MI-ACE board member
The Outstanding Institutional Representative Award was established in 2016; it recognizes and honors the IR or co-IRs for developing, encouraging, advancing, linking, and supporting women on their campus. In 2019, the award was renamed to honor Chiara Hensley, retired assistant vice president for student affairs for Eastern Michigan University.
Co-IRs from Lansing Community College:
- Lisa Mazure, controller, Financial Services Division (right)
- Patricia Spagnuolo, director of University Center and Transfer Initiatives (left)
The co-IRs lead an active planning group at LCC, offering a variety of activities throughout the year. The Women’s Engagement Circle, which holds monthly lunch discussions, is a new initiative. They provide scholarships for several women to attend the MI-ACE annual conference, and meet regularly with the college president and other administrators.
Co-IRs from Eastern Michigan University:
- Colleen Croxall, director of School of Health Sciences, center
- Chiara Hensley, assistant vice president for Academic and Student Affairs, second from right
They expanded the breadth of relationships within the campus network, initiating a mentor project and other activities reflecting the mission, values, goals of MI-ACE.
Co-IRs from Henry Ford College:
- Lisa Copprue, vice president for Student Affairs, second from right
- Amy Ducher, special project coordinator, Academic Affairs and adjunct biology faculty member, center
They organized a Lunch and Learn event; participated in Equal Pay Day; created a listserve to update campus women about MI-ACE events; and met with the college president.
Co-IRs from Ferris State University:
- Gayle S. Lopez, chair of the Management Department, College of Business, and appointed co-IR this past year (left)
- Leah Monger, assistant dean for collections and access services, Ferris Library for Instruction, Technology and Education; an IR for three years and member of the MI-ACE IR Standing Committee (right)
They were recipients of a 2015-16 IR Micro-Grant that helped fund a three-part series of workshops at Ferris.