ANNOUNCING the 2023 Annual MI-ACE Women’s Network Conference Scholarships
The Annual MI-ACE Women’s Network Conference will be held in person:
Monday and Tuesday, June 12-13, 2023
Suburban Showplace Collection
46100 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI.
The Network recognizes that accessing funds for professional development is a potential limitation for some women in the state who wish to attend this conference. To help remedy this, the MI-ACE Women’s Network has created scholarship opportunities to provide supplemental funding to cover the cost of registration and one night hotel fee for this annual conference.
Any woman working in a higher education institution in the state of Michigan, whose institution is an institutional member of the MI ACE Women’s Network, may apply for financial assistance if they receive no financial support from their institution. .
The two scholarship funds are:
- Dr. Lynette Findley Annual Conference Scholarship
- Dr. Jacqueline Taylor Lifting Women Scholarship
The application period is now open through May 1, 2023.
How To Apply:
- Submit a “Statement of Interest” that includes:
- Name (last, first)
- Current title
- Phone number and email
- Name of your institution
- A Personal Statement about your professional journey in higher education that addressed the following questions (not to exceed 500 words):
- What are you currently doing?
- How do you think the conference will help you grow?
- What are your professional plans in the next five years?
- What is your motivation for attending the conference?
- How will attending the conference assist you in attaining your professional goals?
- Outline your financial limitations and financial request as they relate to the conference.
- Is your institution providing you financial assistance for professional development?
- Do you plan on attending both days of the conference or only one?
- Do you require funding for accommodations?
- The maximum scholarship is $500. How much are you seeking?
- Submit your application to Martha J. Grier, Co-chair of the Professional Development Committee via email at [email protected] on or before May 1, 2023. Should you have questions regarding the application process, please call 248-488-1942.