Levels of Engagement
Opportunities for You to Get Involved
Higher education faculty and staff members should:
- Attend the MI-ACE annual two-day conference.
- Attend the MI-ACE annual conference dinner.
- Attend the MI-ACE Women of Color Fall Networking Luncheon Volunteer to serve on a MI-ACE committee.
College students should attend:
- Young Women Strong Leaders (YWSL) conference
Women Familiar with MI-ACE and Seeking More Involvement:
- Volunteer to be an Institutional Representative (IR) for your college/university Submit a presentation proposal for the annual conference.
- Participate in the MI-ACE Women of Color Collaborative.
- Volunteer to serve on a MI-ACE committee.
- Organize a professional development workshop or session on your campus under the MI-ACE name to recruit new members and build the network among women on your campus.
- Submit to your president a draft nomination for a deserving woman leader on your campus as a possible nominee for the MI-ACE Distinguished Woman Leader Award.
Experienced MI-ACE Executive Board Member:
- If you want to expand your leadership role at the state and national levels, ask the board to nominate you as the State Chair.
- Volunteer to serve on the MI-ACE Speakers and Consultants Bureau.