“The Choice is Yours”
~ John Maxwell
This week, we would like to share an inspirational thought and then a challenge from a very small book by John Maxwell, entitled The Choice is Yours . In the introduction, Maxwell says, “Nobody desires to take the path that leads downward. Each of us aspires to be something more, something bigger. The secret to the uphill path comes in the individual choices we make.”
Let’s begin with the quote:
“There is no use whatever trying to help people who do not help themselves. You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb himself.”
~ Andrew Carnegie
Now the challenge. How to develop commitment:
- Realize it usually begins with a struggle;
- Understand that it has nothing to do with talent or ability;
- Recognize that it’s not a matter of conditions but of choice;
- Start with the little things;
- Settle moral issues before you’re confronted;
- Trust in God.
Source: “The Choice is Yours: Today’s Decisions for the Rest of Your Life, by John C. Maxwell, published by the J. Countryman division of the Thomas Nelson Book Group, Nashville, TN 37214.