Institutional Representatives are the backbone of the Michigan ACE Women’s Network, providing information about the network to member campuses.
This week, we salute MI-ACE IRs! The Role of an Institutional Representative As an affiliate of the American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network, the Michigan ACE (MI-ACE) Women’s Network is committed to identifying, developing, encouraging, advancing, linking, and supporting women in higher education. Each member public, private, 2-year, and 4- year college or university in the state appoints one or two Institutional Representative(s) (IRs) who are responsible for the following basic duties:
Serve as the institution’s official representative to the MI-ACE Women’s Network. At minimum:
- Participate in one IR event annually,
- Attend the Annual State Conference, and
- Submit the IR Annual Report.
Additional IR duties include:
- Enlist the support of other women at their institution by assessing needs and facilitating institutional professional development programming that represents the mission of the MIACE Women’s Network.
- Establish and/or collaborate with other campus programs/activities focusing on women.
- Educate women at their institution about the Network’s mission and major initiatives (e.g. Annual Conference, Young Women Strong Leaders, Women of Color Collaborative, public policy agenda).
- Facilitate communication with women throughout their institution by disseminating information provided by MI-ACE regarding opportunities for professional development, job shadowing, and professional advancement; grant/research funding; call for papers/proposals from MI-ACE, its members institutions or national ACE.
- Encourage attendance at the Annual Statewide Conference, Young Women Strong Leaders Conference, Women of Color Collaborative and other programs sponsored by the MI-ACE Women’s Network.
- Keep their president (or administrator designated by the president) informed of the Michigan ACE Women’s Network strategic goals and activities.
Meet your MI-ACE IRs!
- Alma College: Janie Diels and Maria Jones
- Andrews University: Alayne Thorpe and Andrea Luxton
- Aquinas College: Erin Peraino and Heather Kesselring-Quakenbush
- Baker College-Clinton: Patty Kaufman and Kristen Conte
- Baker College: Tanya Lewis and Voula Erfouth
- Bay College West: Gina Wollner and Sarah Davy
- Bay de Noc Community College: Erica Mead
- Calvin University: Michelle Lloyd-Paige and TaRita Johnson
- Central Michigan University: Amanda Mae Scherr and Marcia Taylor
- College for Creative Studies: Dayna Davis
- Davenport University: Deb Cooper and Gilda Gely
- Delta College: Elsa Olvera and Loyce Brown
- Eastern Michigan University: Colleen Croxall and Julia Heck
- Ferris State University: Gayle Lopez and Leah Monger
- Glenn Oaks Community College: Tammy Russell and Tonya Howden
- Grand Rapids Community College: Amy Mansfield and Sheila Jones
- Grand Valley State University: Jessica Jennrich and Karen Gipson
- Henry Ford College: Shai James Boyd and Susan Shunkwiler
- Hope College: Cady Short-Thompson
- Jackson College: Kate Thirolf and Tina Marie Matz
- Kalamazoo College: Sarah Westfall
- Kellogg Community College: Karrie Langdon and Sara Reed
- Kettering University: Christine Wallace and Viola Sprague
- Lansing Community College: Lisa Mazure, Patty Spagnuolo and Saleena Samuel
- Lawrence Technological Institute: Sibrina Collins and Susan Poli-Smith
- Macomb Community College: Carey Wellhausen and Megan Vinyard
- Madonna University: Christine Benson and Jessica Bielawski
- Michigan School of Psychology: Amanda Ming and Diane Zalapi
- Michigan State University: Cindi Leverich
- Mid Michigan Community College: Amy Goethe and Karley Roy
- Mott Community College: Sounya Walker and Wanda C. Brown
- Muskegon Community College: Bonita Jackson and Trynette Lottie-Harps
- Northwood University: Mamiko Reeves and Nancy Finazzo
- Oakland University: Anita Hicks and Joi Cunningham
- Olivet College: Areerat (Poy) Lertchaipitak and Cynthia Noyes
- Saginaw Valley State University: Betsy Diegel and Deborah Huntley
- Schoolcraft College: Michele Kelly and Jodie Beckley
- University of Detroit Mercy: Karen Lee and Pamela Zarkowski
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: Cheryl McPherson and Diane Brinson-Days
- University of Michigan-Flint: Sadé Wilson and Michelle Silva
- Washtenaw Community College: Andrea Hemphill and Shana Barker
- Wayne County Community College District: CharMaine Hines and Paige Niehaus
- Wayne State University: Dawn Pauli and Kathryn Wrench
- Western Michigan University: Deveta Gradner