Full-Time Faculty Opening
The Meijer Honors College in the Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies welcomes applications from tenured GVSU faculty for a permanent position in the college. The successful candidate will transfer their faculty appointment and join other Honors College faculty at the Niemeyer Learning & Living Center in Allendale.
The preferred start date is August 2021, but we will work with the candidate’s unit if a later start date is necessary to cover their teaching needs. Depending on teaching needs, the university has indicated a willingness to replace the candidate in their home unit with a new line. Potential candidates should note that the Honors College has implemented a revised curriculum that includes courses that feature project-based learning and quantitative literacy. We encourage applications from faculty demonstrating interest and proficiency in those pedagogical approaches.
- Demonstrated exceptional teaching, which includes a record of using active-learning and non-traditional techniques
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and equity inside and outside the classroom
- Commitment to the Honors College mission and values
- Collegiality and commitment to working collaboratively outside the classroom
- Commitment to team-teaching and interdisciplinarity
- A record of active and continuing scholarship
- Demonstrated history of mentoring creative and/or scholarly undergraduate activities
Service in the Honors College is primarily student-oriented. Honors faculty are expected to engage in a range of service activities supporting and mentoring students, from recruitment through graduation.
Applicants are asked to submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest that addresses the stated qualifications, student evaluations from calendar years 2018 and 2019, and a brief letter of support from their unit head. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2021. The committee may solicit letters of recommendation from peers and students at a later date. The Honors Faculty Council (HFC) reviews all applications and coordinates the interview process. HFC members may conduct class visits of candidates and solicit feedback from current students. The HFC will forward its recommendations to the dean, who will make the final decision. Note: tenure must have been earned by the start of the Fall 2021 term.
For questions, please contact Dr. Coeli Fitzpatrick at [email protected].