LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
LEADS Online Accelerated Bachelor's Degree for Adults
The world is changing rapidly. Jobs that existed yesterday may be gone tomorrow. Jobs needed in the future will need qualified candidates.
Whatever is next for you, Grand Valley State University’s LEADS* program will help you take control of your future and reach your goals.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree PLUS an online certificate in one of four high demand areas – leadership, data analytics, project management, or global communications
- 6-week classes
- One rate for in-state or out-of-state students -- $500 per credit (classes are three credits)
- Try it, like it, your next class is free!
- The entire bachelor’s degree can be completed online with the option of two in-person, on-campus Saturday visits
Join us for an upcoming info session to learn more
The Skills Employers Want
In addition to the bachelor's degree in integrative studies, you will earn a certificate in one of these in-demand skills:
- Project management - Integrates industry-proven project management practices with Agile principles. Students work in small teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control, and bring closure to real-world project(s) using MS Project and other enterprise project management software.
- Applied data analytics - Focuses on understanding how to interpret, use, and apply data and statistics in the workplace. Students learn foundational computing and statistical skills like visualization, predictive analytics tools, and computer coding in Python and R.
- Leadership - Focuses on social change and business communication and includes further exploration into organizational theory, team building, design thinking, and grant writing. Students will develop professional skills that employers are looking for such as team building and ethics.
- Intercultural Communications - Prepares you with skills in effective communication within and across diverse international organizations by focusing on intercultural learning and competence in the global workplace.
These certificates are also available on their own. You can find out more on this page.
Financing your degree is one of the greatest concerns adults have in returning to college. That’s why we’ve set one price for all classes within the LEADS program.
- $500 per credit hour.
- Most classes are three credits, so you can generally plan on $1,500 per class.
- After the completion of your first course, we will reimburse you for the cost of a future one.
Some options to help finance your degree:
- Grants and loans: Fill out the FAFSA.
- Scholarships: Several scholarships are specifically targeted to adult students, and our advisors are happy to help you find these.
- Company deferment: This plan allows you to defer the amount your employer will pay in tuition benefits until the end of the semester.
The LEADS program is designed for motivated learners who want to complete their degree or certificate with a virtual community of similarly dedicated individuals. The admissions requirements are;
- a completed application;
- official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended;
- thirty (30) completed college credits;
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for those who demonstrate a potential for academic success in other ways); and
- a paid application fee of $30.
Session 1: August 31-October 14
Session 2: October 28-December 15
Session 1: January 19-March 4
Session 2: March 15-April 27
May 10-June 23
June 28-August 11
Session 1: August 30-October 13
Session 2: October 27-December 18
Session 1: January 10-February 23
Session 2: March 14-April 30
Access Learning on Your Time
- All classes are accelerated six-week sessions.
- The LEADS program is primarily online with the option of two in-person meetings during the course of your degree.
- Our online classes enable you to access program content and contribute to class discussions each week when it fits your schedule.
- You do not need to be online on a specific day, and just like a traditional course, you can expect to have a syllabus with a course calendar for due dates.
- You can expect 15 hours of work a week and advisors will help you figure out how classes can fit into your life
This quiz assesses your learning style, along with your technology and academic skills. After the quiz, you will receive feedback on your strengths and opportunities to further develop your skills and decide whether online classes are right for you.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
We know you are busy and we are here to help you get started in our LEADS program. Our advisors will:
- review courses you’ve already taken at GVSU or other schools to determine how we can maximize your credits;
- explain the goals and outcomes of the integrative studies degree;
- discuss services and support available throughout the program;
- assist with the admissions and financial aid process; and
- give you a personalized degree plan.
Are You a Veteran?
If so, Grand Valley has a pathway in place for you. Visit the Veterans Complete website and find out what special resources are available to you.
* Lifelong Educational Attainment for Determined Students