For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Leadership undergraduate adult online certificate
Employers want people who can problem solve, think critically, and work as part of a team. A certificate in leadership from Grand Valley State University develops these skills, enhancing your major degree of study and preparing you for your future career.
The certificate in leadership focuses on social change and business communication, and it includes further exploration into organizational theory, team building, design thinking, and grant writing.
Why Study Leadership at Grand Valley?
- You will be developing professional skills that employers are looking for such as team building and ethics.
- You can create stackable credentials that enhance your degree and bolster your resume.
- Our faculty and support staff provide direct, practical guidance ensure you thrive.
- The program is available fully online and can be completed in one year or less.
For More InformationAdult and Continuing Studies
Location & Format
This program can be completed fully online.Format: Online
The leadership certificate is comprised of 12 credits.
Required core classes:
- INT 312 - Collaborative Communication
- INT 341 - Leadership for Social Change
Plus, any two of the following:
- INT 310 - Creativity
- INT 323 - Design Thinking to Meet Real-World Needs
- INT 331 - Person and Profession
- COM 438 - Communication Ethics
- MGT 345 - Team Building
- PA 390 - Leadership Dynamics
- PA 420 - Organization Theory and Dynamics
- WRT 350 - Business Communication