Human & Public Service Career Community
Kelly Holst-Haley '11
Integrative Studies, Social Work
School Base Therapy
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
I graduated with a degree in Religion in 2011. I later came back to GVSU to study Social Work, where I then went on to get my masters at WMU. Today, I work at school helping kids process through trauma and other mental health disorders. I also encourage all kids to apply to GVSU for college!
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Being a part of Campus Ministry. We always had a lot of fun and I met some of my best friends through there. I also loved the outdoor spaces on campus.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
When approaching graduation, take to the Career Center for advice on jobs and how to utilize your degree.
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Independent, Supported, Fun.
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
I would like to provide high school students with therapy and guidance to help them succeed in college, and see an ever-higher graduation rate with jobs post grad.
Share this spotlight
This spotlight was originally posted to the Alumni website.
Return to the listing of human & public service career community.