Human & Public Service Career Community
Marcus Watson '94
Public Administration, Business Administration
US Department of Justice
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
I began my career working in local government for the city of Benton Harbor for eight years. I departed that opportunity as the youngest Director of Public Safety in the city’s history. I began my federal law enforcement career with ATF in Grand Rapids, MI as the first African American male assigned there. I have held numerous leadership positions within ATF and presently serve as the Deputy Assistant Director of Field Operations for the East region.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Winning the intramural basketball tournament with a great group of friends!
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Follow your dreams
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Enlightening Rewarding Challenging
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
To continue as a trailblazer in law enforcement by transforming the “how” things are done within a community.
Share this spotlight
This spotlight was originally posted to the Alumni website.
Return to the listing of human & public service career community.