George Jones '94
General Motors/Product Marketing Manager
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
After graduation, I went to work at EDS in customer relations for Cadillac/GM. After the Fall of 1997, I enrolled in the full time MBA program at Michigan State University and majored in Marketing. I interned at GM between my first and second year, and after graduation, I accepted an offer with GM in Detroit. 23 years later I am still with GM and currently working in a Product Marketing Manager role.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Mrs. Jamison writing exploration class. I Learned so much about other people in that class as she really encouraged us to open up and share our stories.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Treat others the way you would like to be treated and you will see how great people can be.
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Friendship, exploration, growth
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
I want to teach as many people as possible about the importance of saving and budgeting. I recently received my certification as a Financial Education Instructor and want to improve the financial literacy of as many people as I can, especially kids and teens.