Education Career Community
Emily Gorno '21
Education, Integrated Science
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
I have recently accepted a Kindergarten teaching position within Houghton Lake Community Schools. I am so excited to share my knowledge and warmth with 20 little ones that will fill my classroom.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
Some of my favorite memories at GVSU were within my integrated science classes. I made some lifelong friends, being crammed together in the same classes for two years, and we had many good times together in Padnos.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
I read a book over the summer called, Everything is Figureoutable. Don’t waste your worries on small things in life, be conscious of what you’re putting your energy into.
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Supportive, challenging, rewarding
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
I want to make a difference in kids’ lives!