DaMar Boyd '10 & '16
Management, Marketing, Public Administration
GVSU/ Assistant Director of Student Account Services
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
My journey has included me being blessed with my beautiful wife and three daughters. I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a few years prior to graduate school. Since graduate school, I have worked in multiple roles with the City of Grand Rapids, been the Income Tax Administrator for the City of East Lansing and I am currently the Assistant Director of Student Account Services here at GVSU.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
My oldest daughter being able to see me walk across the stage at graduation is one of my favorite Grand Valley memories.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
"You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take"
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Incredible, Growth, Impactful
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
When I leave this world, I want people to be able to say that I made it a better place by adding joy and laughter to the lives that I touched and that I helped to raise my three daughters to also leave a lasting positive impression on anything they do or anyone they interact with.