Resources for New APs
Resources Useful for New Administrative Professionals
Acronym and abbreviation decoder
Human Resources Forms
System for logging your vacation hours or other absences.
The online professional development program on which you will make annual reports of your achievements toward your goals.
Administrative Handbook http://www.gvsu.edu/aphandbook/
University organizational charts (titles, reporting lines, etc.) http://www.gvsu.edu/administration/organizational-charts-20.htm
Lunch with Colleagues?
While we do not have a faculty club, we do have a Faculty/Staff Dining Room for a hot $7 buffet lunch. It operates on Mondays & Wednesdays 11:00 am - 2:00 pm on the lower level of the Kirkhof Center. A preview of the menu can be usually be found on Barter Board.
IT Resources for New Employees
How to sign up for free on-campus training seminars
http://gvsu.edu/sprout From IT to leadership to exercise, it is all happening here.
Some of the training that is offered can help you to make everyone at GVSU feel welcome such as Allies & Advocates training and Inclusion Advocates and Champions training.
APs may also be interested in affinity groups such as
- Latin@ Affinity Group (see http://www.gvsu.edu/gvnow/?articleId=F74A1E64-0705-CB95-32C2FFA39FD1A408 )
- LGBT Faculty Staff Association http://www.gvsu.edu/lgbtfacstaff/
- International Faculty & Friends https://www.gvsu.edu/pic/international-faculty-friends-96.htm
How do I connect to Barter Board?
The GVSU Barter Board offers Grand Valley's employees a vehicle through which they may buy and sell articles. Policy The Barter Board, Notices, etc., are all available to everyone in their list of Outlook Folders. On your main Outlook page, click on the “Folder List” icon (located near the lower-left corner. Clicking on it expands the list of folders. Scroll down to the bottom and Expand Public Folders. Then Expand All Public Folders. That’s where you’ll see the Barter Board
Will you be teaching?
Some Administrative Professionals at GVSU have teaching as part of their responsibilities. Support services are available to you.
- Sign Up for Training on Banner or Blackboard http://www.gvsu.edu/it/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.training_main
- Faculty Teaching & Learning Center
- Help for students with their writing and resources for teachers--The Writing Center
- University Bookstore Book Orders http://www.ubs.gvsu.edu/ePOS?this_category=250&store=437&form=shared3%2fgm%2fmain%2ehtml&design=437&__session_info__=GTuhb5lIuKg%2bUq%2fdHUG21rVd%2fX6Z0nSJECpBj2IpusjHl9WZGMNLHVfeJtJd8qlgokGprAxMNYoSkiC9KY94wKtGlhKkmqtv
- When is the final exam for my course? https://mybanner.gvsu.edu/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
Stay current with campus news
- Sign up for automatic e-mail digests of the news on GVNow
- The Forum, a newsletter for all faculty and staff, is delivered weekly
- The Lanthorn is our student newspaper available from stands around campus (Monday and Thursday editions). Online:http://www.lanthorn.com/
- Grand Valley Magazine will be mailed to your home address on a quarterly basis.
ATM locations on campus http://www.gvsu.edu/busfin/index.cfm?id=E1EDFE72-01DC-552F-5F1E7BA5AFD5A8F7
Schedule for free bus https://www.ridetherapid.org/ride/routes/50
Work Life Connections www.gvsu.edu/healthwellness
Diversity Resources offices (Women's Center, LGBT Resource Center, Multicultural...)
GVSU Children's Enrichment Center http://www.gvsu.edu/child/index.cfm?id=452AD0C4-CE16-6B26-B5388A4B1311210C
Location of the on-campus nursing nests:
- Kirkhof Center, Women’s Restroom, Room 1252
- Fieldhouse, Women’s Restroom, Room B-127
- Performing Arts Center (PAC) Women’s Restroom, Room 1404
- Mackinac Hall, Room B-1-103
- Green Room, Pew Campus – contact Kathleen Wright
Campus Recreation http://www.gvsu.edu/rec/
Arts upcoming events
GVSU Arts Calendar
Art & Design https://www.gvsu.edu/vma/exhibition-galleries-26.htm
University Art Gallery http://www.gvsu.edu/artgallery/
It's the first Friday of the month at noon--what's that noise?
An emergency siren is tested the first Friday of each month, March through November. The test will consist of a one to three minute steady tone. This siren would be used in the event of an actual emergency such as a tornado.
I overdid it at the Rec Center. Can I get some help on campus?
Yes, check out the Injury Care Clinic: http://www.gvsu.edu/icc/
I lost my:
- Way (Allendale Campus map or other campuses)
- Office door key http://www.gvsu.edu/cms4/asset/35B7E1BB-E143-1FD3-469091825E1035BC/keypolicyallendale.pdf
- Parking sticker (you must go to Public Safety --which is near Alumni House-- to fill in an affidavit form. This cannot be done online. An investigation is carried out and afterward a new parking permit is issued.)
- G number Call HR on (616) 331-2215 or e-mail from http://gvsu.edu/hro/
- Perspective http://www.gvsu.edu/healthwellness/work-life-26.htm
- Car http://www.gvsu.edu/publicsafety/