Transfer Student Admissions Requirements
Requirements to Transfer to GVSU
At Grand Valley, we are looking for students who are prepared to meet the challenges of a rigorous university curriculum. An admissions counselor carefully reviews each application and considers academic and other various criteria. Applications for admission must be complete at least 30 days before the final day of registration. However, admission to any semester is subject to earlier closing without notice.
Applications will be reviewed as soon as all application requirements have been received. Applicants can expect a decision within two to three weeks. Transfer Applicants with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or above and who are eligible to re-enroll at their former institution will normally be admitted.
To be considered for transfer admission, you must complete the following:
- Completed undergraduate application
- $30 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges (transcripts must be sent directly from the colleges to the Grand Valley State University Admissions Office).
Ask your current college to send your official transcripts to Grand Valley State University via Parchment or though the mail:
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401
Applicants who have earned fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) at the time of application must also submit:
- Official high school transcript
- Official results of ACT or SAT