LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Graphic Design and Foundations
Vinicius Lima is Associate Professor of Graphic Design and Graphic Design Emphasis Coordinator. A native Brazilian from Rio de Janeiro, Vinicius joined the Studio Art faculty at Grand Valley State University in 2014. He teaches courses on Typography, Logo Development, Print Layouts, User Experience, Digital Design (websites and apps), Branding Development/Identity, Portfolio Preparation, and Senior Project Advising. His research is focused on Website Design, Website Development, Responsive Web Design, and Mobile Interfaces. Vinicius uses basic design principles to create a statement based on the space the work is placed and explores the relationship between environment and object. His side research venues include furniture design and sustainable design. He holds an MFA and MA in Design with a minor in Photography from The University of Iowa and a Bachelor of Architecture and Urban Design from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Vinicius' work was exhibited nationally and internationally in countries such as Brazil, Portugal, Turkey, China, and Slovenia. Prof. Lima received the GD USA American In House Design Awards for the past 4 years in a row, among many other recognitions.
- MFA, Design, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 2009
- MA, Design, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 2007
- B. Arch., Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2005
- User Experience Design
- Digital Design (web, mobile apps, interfaces)
- Design Education and Pedagogy
- Data Visualization
- Collaboration in Design
- ART 209: Graphic Design Basics
- ART 210: Graphic Design I
- ART 211: Graphic Design II
- ART 310: Graphic Design III
- ART 312: Graphic Design IV: Experience Design
- ART 410: Graphic Design V
- ART 413: Portfolio
- ART 415: Senior Project: Graphics/Illustration
- ART 491: Internship In Studio Art
- ART 499: Independent Study in Art
Poetry On The Rapid, Bus Placard, 11"x28", series of 6, 2015
DTIC Department Identity, 2010
Design Plural Catalog Design, 2011.