GVSU Career Center Event Management Internship
GVSU Career Center - Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Career Center is seeking a dynamic and detail focused event management intern for the 2023-2024 academic year. The intern will work alongside the Employer Relations Coordinator and Employer Development Manager to support the campus engagement and recruitment opportunities for employer partners.
- Assist in the overall creation, implementation & evaluation of Career Center marquee events including Fall & Winter Career & Internship Fairs, Employer Showcase, Practice Interviews, Resume Reviews, Career Community events, Internship Awards program and more. Events intern will have the opportunity to run one-two events each semester independently with oversight of supervisor.
- Coordinate and assist on the day of events including set-up/tear-down, registration, logistics, catering, volunteer management, onsite support & problem solving.
- Utilize Handshake platform as event management tool for event creation, registration, communication, payment, and confirmations.
- Collaborate with campus partners (academic departments, faculty, staff, student organizations, Event Services, Conference & Event Planning etc.) for event implementation and logistics.
- Work with external vendors for event logistics, set up, catering, and space requests.
- Maintain accurate and detailed information regarding event registration, RSVPs, waitlists, payment/invoices, deposits etc.
- Assist in post event research such as follow-ups, surveys, questionnaires, and focus groups.
- Create timeline for all event communications including event invitation, sponsorships, event registration dates, initial confirmation details, final confirmation details, parking and loading details, post-event evaluations, thank you and follow up.
- Assist in developing written communications for internal and external partners regarding event invitations, details, deadlines and logistics.
- Assist in responding to general inquiries about events including phone calls, emails and video calls.
Event Marketing & Promotion
- Work in coordination with Career Center Marketing Committee for event promotion and materials.
- Assist in development and creation of internal website for large events to effectively communicate important event information to employer partners.
- Assist in creation of promotional materials and planning social postings.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and willingness to try new ideas.
- Ability to work independently and report to supervisor on a regular basis regarding work progression.
- Must have positive, cooperative attitude and respond to constructive feedback in a mature fashion.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: Meeting & Event Management
Salary: $12.00 / Hour
GVSU Career Center
401 W. Fulton
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
Contact: Kristie Scanlon
How To Apply
Interested individuals should apply through Handshake with a resume and cover letter. For more information, contact Kristie Scanlon at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Paid internship
- 10-15 hours a week, flexible depending on schedule
- Work will primarily be done at the downtown Pew Campus with some flexibility for remote work.
No attachment uploaded