LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
2020 Eric Verhaar Scholarship
Our son, brother, friend, mentor, and community activist passed as he was entering an exciting time in his life, at age 22.
Eric was an Eagle Scout, a recent graduate of Western Michigan University with a Degree in Aviation Mechanics and was entering the Marine Corp to become a pilot.
Eric was one of those individuals that made friends where ever he
went. Eric will be remembered for his kindness, his love of the Boy
Scouts, his mentoring younger Scouts and for being a free spirit. Eric
inspired everyone to realize that life needs to be lived and we need
to balance work to make room for the things and people we love.
Eric touched many lives and his family wants to continue his legacy by providing assistance to deserving West Michigan students.
- Student must be from West Michigan attending a Community College, 4 Year College or University or Trade School within Michigan
- Student must be from one of the following Michigan Counties (Allegan, Barry, Calhoun, Ionia, Isobella, Kalamazoo, Kent, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa, and Van Buren Counties)
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior at a Community College, 4 Year College or University or Trade School within Michigan by Spring of 2019'
- Previously chosen applicants are not eligible Scholarship Judging
- Scholarship award will be based on application judging.
- Applications will be judged on community service, leadership/extracurricular activities, short essays, and essay.
- Each application will be scored by at least two judges and an average score determined.
- Financial need will not be a factor in the applications process.
- A minimum student GPA of 2.0 is required.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an outside scholarship. Grand Valley State University does not have affiliation with this scholarship agency and does not take part in the selection of the scholarship. Please remember that GVSU does not endorse any specific web site nor is GVSU responsible for the content on the various web sites. We are simply providing these links as a courtesy to you.
Eligible Enrollment Status:
Eligible Student Status:
Area of Interest:
Advertising and Public Relations
African American Studies
Allied Health Sciences
Art - Studio Art
Athletic Training - Clinical Exercise Science
Cell and Molecular Biology
Communication Sciences and Disorders
Comprehensive Science and Arts for Teaching
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
East Asian Studies
Education - Elementary/Middle Teaching (K-8)
Education - Middle/Secondary/High School Teaching (7-12)
Education - Special Education (all grades)
Engineering - Computer Engineering
Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Engineering - Interdisciplinary Engineering
Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Engineering - Product Design & Manufacturing Engineering
Exercise Science - Clinical
Exercise Science - Health Fitness Instruction
Film And Video
Global Studies and Social Impact
Health Information Management
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Human Resources Management
Integrated Science Elementary
Integrated Science Secondary
Medical Laboratory Science
Middle East Studies
Natural Resources Management
Occupational Safety and Health Management
Physician Assistant Studies
Public and Nonprofit Administration
Supply Chain Management
Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies