Please click here for information on how your financial aid can be affected by the number of credits you are enrolled in.
Institutional Grant Aid
Grand Valley provides additional support to students in the form of institutional grants.
- Based on need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- $500 to $6,000
Grand Finish Grant
- Awarded to freshmen admitted fall 2019 or earlier who complete 90 credit hours within three years of enrollment. Dual enrollment, advanced placement, and international baccalaureate credits earned prior to a their first semester at Grand Valley count toward the 90 credit hour requirement.
- Awarded to transfer students admitted fall 2019 or earlier who have earned 90 overall credit hours with an average of 30 credit hours per year at Grand Valley in the year(s) following their transfer.
- Freshmen: $1,000 over the next two semesters of study after becoming eligible
- Transfer Students: $500 over the next two semesters of study after becoming eligible
Student Support Aid
We have a variety of funds to assist students with expenses such as textbooks, supplies, housing, food, and other basic needs. If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please click the link below to let us know how we can help!
Grant Aid for Basic Needs
- Please contact our office if you have a need that we may be able to assist with.
Student Support Fund
- The Student Support Fund is administered by Financial Aid to provide funding to GVSU students that face extreme financial circumstances or if their financial circumstances suddenly change due to situations such as accidents, illness, loss of employment, loss of other income or support, death of a family member, and/or fire damage. This fund allows students to continue on their path to graduation without interruption due to these unforeseen circumstances. This funding is not intended to replace existing financial aid.
Student Textbook and Supplies Fund
- The Student Textbook and Supplies Fund is administered by Financial Aid to provide funding to students who are unable to purchase one or more of their required textbooks, course materials or school supplies. This funding is not intended to replace existing financial aid and does not have to be repaid. Fund is awarded on case by case basis. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships for additional information.
- Students in need of emergency funds may be able to apply for an Emergency Loan. Please contact our office for more information.