This program is intended for students who are enrolled at an approved community college and Grand Valley during the same semester and would like to have their enrollment from both schools combined to determine financial aid eligibility. Financial aid would be awarded by Grand Valley. As a reminder, students who are dual enrolled at two institutions will not be eligible to receive aid at Grand Valley and another institution during the same period.
Schools that participate in the Concurrent Enrollment program:
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Lake Michigan College
- Muskegon Community College
- North Central Michigan College
- Northwestern Michigan College
Please note: You must submit a separate form for each semester that you plan to be concurrently enrolled.
Applications are due by the 100% tuition refund deadline at GVSU each semester. Late forms will not be processed.
- Summer 2017: Friday, May 12
- Fall 2017: Friday, September 1
- Winter 2018: Friday, January 12
Changes starting Fall 2015
Instead of continuously verifying a student's enrollment at the other institution prior to the start of the semester, the student's aid will now be adjusted based on the class schedule that is now required to be submitted with the Concurrent Enrollment form. We will then verify enrollment with the other institution once the semester starts.
Please note: You must submit a class schedule and tuition bill from the other institution with your Concurrent Enrollment form before it will be processed.
Concurrent Enrollment Policies
- A student's financial aid may be reevaluated based on their enrollment at GVSU and the other institution. If the student's enrollment changes they must submit a new class schedule.
- Credits are verified as of the 5th day of class at GVSU each semester. Financial aid is based on the combined credits as of that date.
- If a student completely withdraws from both schools, their financial aid will be recalculated.
- The student is responsible for paying their bill at the other institution. Financial aid will not be transferred or released early for students participating in the concurrent enrollment program.
- If a student has already earned a Bachelor’s degree, they are not eligible for this program.
- If a student does not successfully pass their attempted credits at the other institution, they may not be eligible to participate in concurrent enrollment in the future.
- The student is responsible for having a transcript sent to the GVSU Records Office after the semester at the other institution has ended. Their credits earned at the other institution will not be transferred to GVSU until this is done.