This program is intended for students who are enrolled at an approved community college and Grand Valley during the same semester and would like to have their enrollment from both schools combined to determine financial aid eligibility. Financial aid would be awarded by Grand Valley. As a reminder, students who are concurrently enrolled at two institutions will not be eligible to receive aid at Grand Valley and another institution during the same period.
Host Schools that participate in the Concurrent Enrollment program:
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Lake Michigan College
- Muskegon Community College
- North Central Michigan College
- Northwestern Michigan College
Please note: you must submit a new concurrent enrollment form each semester, along with your class schedule and tuition bill from the host institution before it will be processed.
Applications are due by the 100% tuition refund deadline at GVSU each semester. Late forms will not be processed.
Fall 2023: September 1, 2023
Winter 2024: January 12, 2024
Spring/Summer 2024: May 10, 2024
Concurrent Enrollment Policies
- A student's financial aid eligibility will be determined based on the combined credits at GVSU and the host institution, for a semester in which the student is concurrently enrolled. If a student's enrollment status changes the student is responsible for submitting a new class schedule.
- Credits are verified as of the 5th day of class at GVSU each semester. Financial aid is based on the combined credits as of this date.
- If a student completely withdraws from both schools financial aid will be recalculated.
- Students are responsible for paying their bill at the host institution. Financial aid will not be transferred or released early for students participating in the concurrent enrollment program.
- If a student does not successfully pass their attempted credits at the host institution the student may not be eligible to participate in concurrent enrollment for future semesters.
- The student is responsible for having a transcript sent to the GVSU Record's Office after the conclusion of the host institution's semester. Earned credits from the host institution will not be transferred to GVSU until this is completed.