Experience what makes GVSU special!
Each year the GVSU CSO is pleased to welcome students from the charter schools it authorizes to GVSU's main campus. GVSU CSO tours usually last longer than typical campus tours because they take a deep exploration into what is happening at the university. We strongly believe that students that step foot on campus can better envision themselves attending college.
During the visits, students are led around campus by College Navigators, upper-class students who know the ins and outs of all things GVSU. A number of the College Navigators were also previously enrolled in a GVSU-authorized charter school.
Visiting students will get the chance to explore many of the key points around campus, including:
- Kirkhof Student Center
- Athletic Fieldhouse
- Living Center
- Campus Dining Hall
- Academic spaces
- Student Support Center
Visits for 2022 Winter and Spring semesters
The CSO is excited to offer schools the opportunity to visit campus during the 2022 Winter and Spring semesters!
The visits will be held each Wednesday from March 2, 2022, through June 1, 2022 (excluding March 9 and April 6 due to college and K-12 spring breaks).
The visits during these semesters are for middle school students. If space allows for it, high schools may be invited to also participate in a visit during these semesters.
Safety adjustments in response to COVID
Our number one priority is safety for everyone! We will be sure to practice social distancing and be outside most of the time. To help ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience, GVSU has made some requirements regarding large groups visiting campus. Here is what you need to know:
- The max amount of students allowed on campus is 50
- All students, chaperons are required to wear masks while on campus
- All GVSU faculty, staff, and students are required to be vaccinated. Those working with the bus groups and campus visits will be vaccinated.
- If any student or chaperon is not feeling well, we ask them not to attend the visit.
- We will have extra masks if someone forgets them.
- GVSU has sanitizing station across the campus.
Preparing for a perfect visit (FALL 2021)
We have made plenty of changes to the campus visit process since the last time students were able to visit campus. Moving forward, here is what you need to know to ensure your visit goes as smoothly as possible:
Before your visit
- To begin the process, please complete the Campus Visit Registration form.
- Once your campus visit has been confirmed, please print off the GVSU Minors on Campus Release Form and ensure each visiting student has one completed before coming to campus.
- One week before your campus visit, please have all students attending complete the Campus Visit pre-survey. This should be done before your arrive.
On the day of your visit
- Please text Barry Hall (616) 286-1923 the morning of the visit with your estimated arrival time and the total number of students and chaperones.
After your visit
- After the campus visit is complete, please have students complete the Post-Visit Survey.
- If you need reimbursement for buses or transportation, please complete the Bus Reimbursement Form. GVSU will reimburse schools up to $1,000 for transportation to and from campus.
- All other forms (Minors on Campus Release Form, Pre-Visit Survey, Post-Visit Survey) must be completed before submitting a Travel Reimbursement Form. If any of them are incomplete, your request will be denied.