The Office of Student Life has over 400 registered student organizations for you to join! Become involved in a student organization to participate in opportunities to positively contribute to the GVSU community and beyond.
Community Service Learning Center
- Check out the Community Service Learning Center (CSLC) for community engagement opportunities, access educational resources, and interact with the CSLC!
- Participate in the Community Outreach Week to unite with GVSU Lakers from around the globe to provide volunteer support and outreach to surrounding communities.
- Become involved in Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Programs to learn how to be an engaged citizen on campus and in communities beyond.
- Use the Service Tracker tool to build your volunteer and service portfolio.
GVSU Career Center
Community Based Learning (CBL) Courses
Current Community Based Learning course offerings can also be found through banner. You can search Self-Service Banner by using the advanced search option and then choosing Community Based Learning (CBL) from the attribute drop down menu.
Approved CBL Courses
How Students Are Engaging in the Community
Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- The Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies provides Grand Valley and the community with opportunities to understand the world around us through high-impact learning experiences like service-learning projects, study abroad opportunities, internships, living and learning communities, and intensive writing and research opportunities.
- Environmental and Sustainability Studies program provides students and faculty expanded learning opportunities through interdisciplinary, engaged teaching and learning.
College of Community and Public Service
- The College of Community & Public Service creates a dynamic learning environment for students and empowers community partners with quality research and data.
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management offers community engagement opportunities to students in the West Michigan area.
College of Education
- The College of Education mission of teaching, leading, and learning in a democratic society leads to enriching opportunities for students to become engaged in their schools, neighborhoods, and communities.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences embraces community engagement in a variety ways throughout their undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The Geography and Sustainable Planning department offers ways for students to become engaged in a wide variety of community-based research and service-learning projects.
Seidman College of Business
- The Seidman College of Business develops business talent that contributes to the economic growth of West Michigan and the Great Lakes region.
- The Richard M. and Helen DeVos Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CEI) is dedicated to developing best practices in entrepreneurship education and community engagement that enhance and impact the creation of new ventures and opportunities.
Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence
- The Center for Scholarly & Creative Excellence (CSCE) promotes a culture of active, engaged and ethical scholarship through supporting research and collaborative partnerships in the broader community.
Children's Enrichment Center
- The Children's Enrichment Center (CEC) allows students to participate in community involvement with the "Littlest Lakers" through opportunities to observe, volunteer, or work for the CEC.
Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity
- The Gayle R. Davis Center for Women and Gender Equity aims to create opportunities for meaningful learning about women and gender and to advocate for gender justice through education, engagement, and empowerment for students and the greater GVSU community.
- The Equity Ambassadors program allows students to build connections and leadership skills through service learning, outreach and engagement.
- The Multicultural Affairs office provides resources in the West Michigan community that promote diversity while providing opportunities for community involvement and networking.
TRIO Upward Bound
- TRIO Upward Bound encourages students to seek opportunities in the community to participate in individual or group service projects.
- Veterans Network offers assistance to students transitioning from the military through support programs, activities, and initiatives that connect veterans with one another.