LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Referrals to CECI Undergraduate Academic Programs
When working with students interested in any CECI major or minor program of study, we ask that you review the CECI resources available below to provide the most up to date information.
Best Practices for Referrals
- The BSW Program is a secondary admit program. The program begins each fall and is intended as a 2-year, full time program. Please encourage students to meet with CECI Advising as soon as possible to review candidacy and application timelines.
- View the advising guides we have developed to help students review what is necessary to complete a degree in one of the CECI programs. The major worksheets also include a section which details minor requirements if a student is interested in adding a minor in one of our program areas.
- If a student decides on a CECI major or minor while meeting with you, please help them declare it through Banner so they receive communication from an advisor and an invitation to come in and talk with us.
- If you have a question or concern while working with a student, please call us at (616) 331-6890 or send us an email to email@example.com
- Help students schedule an appointment with a CECI Academic Advisor. You have 24/7 access through our online Appointment Management System.
Issue an Alert
The advising center encourages CECI faculty to voluntarily refer a student who may be struggling with attendance or other academic concerns. You can do so by Issuing an Alert through EAB - Navigate. Detailed instructions are available one the EAB - Navigate homepage: www.gvsu.edu/navigate under "Resources".
If a student is experiencing a more urgent or personal concern, including but not limited to: concerns for well-being, financial or basic needs, physical and mental health, and disruptive/disturbing behavior, please use the Student of Concern CARE Report, managed by the Dean of Students Office. The CARE Team (Coordination, Assistance, Response, and Education) is a team of staff who support all students through challenges they may experience during their time at GVSU. Please complete a CARE Referral if you are a student in need of support, know a student who needs support, or are generally concerned about a student.
IF YOUR CONCERN INVOLVES AN IMMEDIATE SAFETY RISK TO SELF OR OTHERS, PLEASE STOP AND CALL 911.