LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Academic Advising Appointments - Choose In-person or Virtual!
The CECI Undergraduate Advising Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Appointments can be scheduled by logging into www.gvsu.edu/navigate with your Network ID and Password, or you can call our office at 616-331-6890. We are located at the downtown Pew Campus in 321 C DeVos. You can choose to schedule your appointment to meet with us in person or virtually! Please feel free to call our office anytime during regular business hours, or reach your advisor directly via email by clicking here!
Advising Services in the College of Education and Community Innovation
Here are just some of the ways the staff in the CECI-UAC can help you achieve your degree goals:
- Degree Planning. Academic Advisors help students make informed choices about degree and graduation requirements. They can help clarify curriculum, course content, and optimal course sequences. Advisors will also enhance student awareness of diverse educational experiences to further enrich the academic plan.
- Goal Setting. Academic Advisors can assist students with the clarification of career and life goals; development of decision-making skills; reinforcement of self-direction; and evaluation of student progress toward established goals.
- Outreach & Support. Academic Advisors can assist students with academic support needs through individual sessions, group workshops, and connections with educational resources across the university.
- Policies & Procedures. Students are responsible for their role in the academic process and navigating the university system. Academic Advisors can help clarify university policies and procedures to enhance the student’s ability to participate in the academic process.
- Referrals. Academic Advisors can refer students to faculty mentors, other campus services and student success resources.
Internships and Jobs
As of June 19, 2018, the GVSU Career Center and GVSU Student Employment transitioned from LakerJobs to a NEW online job/internship posting and event management system called Handshake. This state-of-the-art platform will offer you the valuable services that LakerJobs did, but with expanded capabilities. Employers, students, and alumni are invited to visit the Handshake Transition website for key information about this transition, and to create a Handshake account.
September 27, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Nervous about attending the GVSU Virtual Career & Internship Fair? Never attended a virtual fair before? Not sure what to expect? Join GVSU Career Center staff as we go over the Handshake Virtual...
September 28, 2021 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Career Fairs, whether in-person or virtual, can be quite nerve-wracking. Preparation is key! Join us for a session on crafting your virtual introduction/elevator pitch. Taking a few minutes to craft...
September 29, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
*RSVP by Friday, September 24* A Closer Look at Experiential Philanthropy Experiential philanthropy is an increasingly popular pedagogic strategy not only for teaching students about giving but...
October 1, 2021 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Sign up to have your resume reviewed by industry professionals! This is your chance to get valuable feedback from experts in your field including tips on formatting, content, and how to translate your...
October 3, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
In-Person: Come to JCPenney at RiverTown Crossings Mall on October 3rd from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and receive an EXTRA 30% off on top of pre-existing discounts. Get prepared for internships, interviews,...