Katie Sims '18
Ottawa County / Elections Coordinator
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
Since graduation, I've been employed at Ottawa County in the Clerk/Register of Deeds office. I interned there during my final years at GVSU and was lucky to be offered a full-time job immediately following graduation. I spent several years in an admin role but moved to a new position running the elections division in 2021. Personally, I've been traveling, spending time with family and friends, and enjoying West Michigan!
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
One of my favorite memories at Grand Valley was cheering on the football team from the student section.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Don't sell yourself short!
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
Community, encouragement, and friendship
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
Empower people to voice their concerns, ideas, and opinions through voting
Share this spotlight
This spotlight was originally posted to the Alumni website.
Return to the listing of international relations.