Jill Eggers teaches painting and heads the painting program. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Painting from Western Michigan University, and a Master of Fine Arts in Painting/Printmaking from Yale University. She has been with GVSU since 2000, and previously was Associate Professor of Painting at Wichita State University. She also taught for several years in Chicago's inner city public schools, where she established several grant-supported art programs for disadvantaged and special needs youth. Her paintings and drawings explore, among other things, relationships between consciousness and physicality. Her work is exhibited nationally and is held in many private and public collections. She is currently working on and exhibiting a series of paintings based on dense forest landscapes in Michigan, many of which are influenced by places in the fiction and poetry of writer Jim Harrison.
MFA, Painting/Printmaking, Yale University
BFA, Painting, Western Michigan University
- ART 180 - Basics Of Oil Painting
- ART 260 - Introduction To Painting
- ART 361 - Intermediate Painting I
- ART 362 - Intermediate Painting II
- ART 462 - Advanced Painting I
- ART 463 - Advanced Painting II
- ART 498 - Senior Project
- ART 499 - Independent Study In Art
- HNR 280 - Art Studio:Pract & Oil Painting
53” x 58"
Oil on canvas
Oil on Canvas
Hansel and Gretel
53" x 56"
Oil on canvas