News and Events
Making Waves: Tara Kneeshaw analyzes ways the microscopic world can indicate, or help, water quality
December 02, 2020
Kneeshaw is dedicated to education about the big and small ways that people affect water quality.
Lead forecaster, parks expert to discuss record-high Great Lakes water levels during GVSU virtual presentation
October 15, 2020
The presentation is part of the Making Waves initiative.
Making Waves: Artists and writers tell stories, explore different sides of water themes through their creativity
October 09, 2020
Graphic design, poems and other creations help broaden the discussion about water.
September 17, 2020
Their work is aimed at both improving drinking water and highlighting difficulties in finding it.
July 31, 2020
Grand Valley students and researchers have monitored water quality at many beaches for 20 years.
Additional Articles, News, and Videos about the Making Waves Initiative and our Partners
- July 14, 2020 - Lunch & Learn with Gleaves Whitney: Christa Fernando
- May 6, 2020 - Making Waves will help sponsor virtual event about Grand River conservation, resiliency
- March 2019 - Interchange Newsletter Article
- March 1, 2019 - GVNow Logo Contest Winners Announcement
- February 24, 2019 - Event focuses on water restoration in Ottawa County, GV campus
- February 11, 2019 - New initiative focuses campus energy on water, collaboration
- February 6, 2019 - GVNow Logo Contest Announcement
- November 11, 2019 - Great Waters, Great Economy: Water discussion held at GV
- November 4, 2019 - GVSU partners with Bridge Magazine to host town hall about water priorities
- November 1, 2019 - GVSU’s traveling theater troupe to perform “Tossing on the Ocean”
- October 4, 2019 - Caleb Worpel on Making Waves Beach Clean Up
- September 30, 2019 - Making Waves about Water Initiative spurs interdisciplinary movement
- September 23, 2019 - Big Splash Week Ends with the Beach Cleanup and adventures in Grand Haven
- September 18, 2019 - Democracy 101 PFAS Panel Discussion Video
- September 17, 2019 - Shelley Irwin Interviews GVSU students from a Kayak on the Grand River at the Confluence event.
- September 13, 2019 - MLIVE article about the Making Waves Initiative
- September 13, 2019 - WGVU Radio Interview with Shelley Irwin about Making Waves and the 2019 Big Splash Events
- September 11, 2019 - GVSU professor Mark Gleason Makes waves searching for a shipwreck
- September 9, 2019 - GVSU kicks off two-year initiative focused on water
- September 3, 2019 - GVSU Lanthorn article about the Making Waves about Water Initiative