Financial Support for Public Health, M.P.H.
Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) Account
The Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account is available to any Grand Valley alumni to use for future classes at the university.
- All GVSU graduates are eligible
- $1000 Lifetime award
- No application necessary - Eligible students will automatically have funds applied to their semester tuition bill based on their registered credits.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at [email protected] or at (616) 331-3234 with any questions.
There are a limited number of graduate assistantship positions (GA) in the University. They are part-time, paid work experiences for graduates in their field of study, which allows them to expand and/or apply their discipline knowledge and skills under supervision. Tuition is also paid based on requirements of number of hours worked and course credits being taken per semester.
Graduate Assistantship Information
Graduate Student Presidential Research Grants
Need help with that résumé, or other job search tips? The GVSU Career Center can help!
The Student Employment Office works with all University departments and the community to create part-time and summer employment opportunities for students. They are a resource for job-seeking students and host an online jobs database called HandShake. Graduate Assistantships are sometimes posted on this platform, as well.
GVSU's Career Services can also assist you with job search advice and preparation.
The M.P.H. program has a financial aid counselor specifically assigned to assist our students. Please contact him for your financial aid questions:
- Joey Montney (email Joey); phone: (616) 331-3234
The Financial Aid Office is located on the Allendale campus, 100 Student Services building
For more information on Financial Aid, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Did you know?
- GVSU is one of the most affordable colleges in Michigan.
- Graduate tuition rates are based on academic program, not on residency. Therefore, there is no out-of-state tuition rate.
- Grand Rapids' low cost of living is why it ranks as one of the most affordable cities in America.
- GVSU students have access to free transportation throughout the city of Grand Rapids and beyond, since they can ride any Rapid bus route for free with student ID.
- GVSU students can find help with money management through the MoneySmart Lakers program.
- The Office of Fellowships serves all students and alumni of GVSU. They have helped secure over $5,000,000 in competitive award competitions, supporting experiences such as study abroad, graduate study, research, service learning, internship, community and service opportunities.