Where to find us
The offices of the Department of Public Health, consisting of the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program, are now located in the new Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall (RFH). You can find us on the second floor:
500 Lafayette Avenue NE, Suite 204
Faculty Offices are located in Suite 203
We are a short walk from Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences - one block north, traveling under the I-196 overpass. Use the southwest entrance of the building, on the corner of Lafayette and Hastings. An elevator or stairs can be used to reach the second floor—our main office (RFH 204) is located across from the elevator doors.
How to get here
Please note - there is no student parking at RFH, and visitor parking is extremely limited and must be prearranged. We strongly suggest you take the bus!
From I-196 Eastbound: take the College Ave. exit and head north, staying in the middle lane (designated for left turn only). Turn left onto Hastings Street, and take it to Lafayette Avenue. The entrance to the RFH parking lot is located off of Lafayette, immediately north of the building.
From I-196 Westbound: take the College Ave. exit and, staying to the right, head straight across College onto Hastings. Turn right on Lafayette Ave. The entrance to the RFH parking lot is located off of Lafayette, immediately north of the building.
Please note, you may need to determine an alternative route based on construction scheduled for surrounding roads.
Road Construction (tentative)
- April - August 2018: Lafayette (Hastings to Bradford) reconstruction
- April - October 2019: Hastings (Fairview to Lafayette) reconstruction
- April - October 2020: Hastings (Lafayette to College) reconstruction
- 2020-2021: Hastings non-motorized path construction (south side)
Lafayette/Hastings Construction Update (5/29/18)
- May 29 – Hastings/Lafayette closes until mid-June
- June 5 installing curb and gutter on the east and west side of Lafayette
- June 7 finishing driveways and ADA ramps
- June 12 base coat and leveling on Lafayette including the intersection of Hastings/Lafayette
- July 2 or 3 top coat (no bus traffic at intersection of Hastings/Lafayette
- July 9-13 pavement markings installed this week – day not determined
From Allendale/GVSU: Route 50 (Campus Connector) will bring you the nearby Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences (CHS), located one block south of RFH. Exact bus stop location will vary depending on the construction schedule:
- April 30 - May 13, Route 50 bus stop will be on the NW corner of Lafayette & Michigan.
- May 14 - mid June, the bus stop will be located at SE corner of Michigan & Lafayette (existing Route 13 stop)
- Mid June, when Hastings/Lafayette intersection reopens, Route 50 bus stop will revert back to the NW corner of Lafayette & Michigan
Other bus routes may be suitable depending on your circumstance - Ride The Rapid