Visit www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus for more.
Admissions for Public Health, M.P.H.
Applications for Fall 2020 are currently being accepted for the Master of Public Health (MPH) program. Rolling admissions begin November 1, 2019.
The application deadline has been extended! Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis, for a limited time.
Applicants will choose from the following programs:
- MPH Traditional Program - Epidemiology emphasis
- MPH Traditional Program - Health Promotion emphasis
- MPH Hybrid Program - Epidemiology emphasis
- MPH Hybrid Program - Health Promotion emphasis
Admission to the Public Health, M.P.H. requires the following materials be submitted.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office (300 Student Services Building, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, MI 49401). NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley
- For applicants whose native language is not English: test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery), or PTE Academic (Pearson Test for English Academic). Only original score reports will be accepted. The following minimum scores are expected: TOEFL - 80 (or 550 for paper-based), IELTS - 6.5, MELAB - 77, PTE Academic - 53.
In addition to the University requirements of admission, all students seeking a degree for the Master of Public Health (MPH) must also meet the following requirements:
- Grade point average of 3.0 (B) from all undergraduate coursework
- Recommendations: Two recommendations received. You can provide the emails of three references in your account at www.gvsu.edu/gradapply, and they will be sent a link to fill out for their online recommendation
Essay/Personal Statement Requirements
All applicants must provide a written statement that addresses both of the following questions. The overall response should not exceed two, double-spaced pages (maximum).
- What would make you an excellent candidate for the Grand Valley State University MPH program?
- What are your expectations for a future career in Public Health (highlighting your emphasis area of interest)?