The GVSU Career Center adheres to the NACE Principles for Professional Practice for Career Services and Employment Professionals and expects employers we work with to do the same, as well as comply with NACE Professional Standards for University Relations & Recruiting. Employers must also comply with all GVSU Career Center policies and procedures outlined below.
Employer Service Guidelines
- Employers must maintain the strict confidentiality of student and alumni data as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Employers that violate FERPA regulations will lose access to GVSU Career Center services.
- The GVSU Career Center reserves the right to refuse service to any employer that violates the NACE Professional Standards for University Relations & Recruiting or any university policies. In accordance, GVSU Career Center staff does not recommend or select candidates for employers.
- Employers must strictly adhere to all GVSU Job Posting Standards.
- The GVSU Career Center works with third parties recruiters only under limited circumstances (view policy).
- The GVSU Career Center reserves the right to refuse service to any employer if a review of a specific opportunity or the nature/status of the organization suggests that it is inappropriate for our students/alumni; if students/alumni are injured or exposed to unsafe working conditions at the employer work site; if the employer discriminates; or if GVSU receives student/alumni complaints about discrimination, harassment, threats, or other unsafe/questionable working conditions. In the event that a student/alumni experiences any harassment, or actual or potential harm in the employer workplace, the employer’s recruiting privileges will be suspended pending further investigation.
- Employers who do not provide complete organizational contact information (organization name, address, website, description, contact name(s), organizational email address for contact, contact phone number) will not be granted employer services. GVSU Career Center staff will review contact information and the employer’s website for appropriateness. Employers should have an EID number prior to initiating any campus recruitment activities.
- The GVSU Career Center will not provide service to any employer who charges fees of any kind or requires the upfront purchase of products or work equipment/tools.
- Employers are expected to maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with GVSU Career Center staff, meet deadlines pertaining to on-campus interviews, and provide hiring data as requested.