LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Employer Internship Trainings
A well run internship program can do wonderful things for your organization! Whether you need a succession plan, innovative ideas and thinking, or are looking to help groom the next generation of talent, an internship program could be just what you need. West Michigan colleges and universities have teamed up with internship expert, Cindy Brown of Hello West Michigan to provide you with free training opportunities to help your program succeed.
Employer Internship Training Workshops
These sessions are helpful for organizations that would like to start an internship program, learn how to enhance a current internship program, learn how to develop a remote internship opportunity, or discover innovative ways in recruitment efforts. There will be dedicated time during each training for questions and networking with employers and Career Center staff.
- August 17, 2021: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm, Virtual Event hosted by Grand Valley State University
- September 22, 2021: 9:00 am - 10:30 am, Hybrid Event hosted by Aquinas College
- October 8, 2021: 9:00 am - 10:30 am, Hybrid Event hosted by Davenport University
- November 18, 2021: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm, Hybrid Event hosted by Grand Valley State University
- January 12, 2022: 9:00 am - 10:30 am, In-Person Event hosted by Cornerstone University
- February 15, 2022: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm, Virtual Event hosted by Hope College
- March 23, 2022: 9:00 am - 10:30 am, In-Person Event hosted by Calvin University
- April 28, 2022: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm, Hybrid Event hosted by Davenport University
- May 18, 2022: 9:00 am - 10:30 am, In-Person Event hosted by Aquinas College
*Virtual Events will take place on a digital platform (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangout).
*Hybrid Events will offer participants to join via a digital platform or attend in-person at the hosting institution's campus.
*Confirmation details, including login/password information, directions and parking will be emailed to all participants one week prior to the event.
The Employer Internship Training programs are sponsored and supported by Hello West Michigan, Aquinas College, Calvin University, Cornerstone University, Davenport University, Grand Valley State University and Hope College.