For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (616) 331-2025 or (800) 748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Career Center Internship Award
The Career Center understands that, while completing an internship is necessary to be competitive in today's job market, it can be financially straining. In an effort to help offset the costs of working in unpaid internships, the Career Center provides ten $500 scholarships to students during each academic semester (Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer semesters).
Candidates for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student and participating in a Grand Valley State University-approved, credit-bearing, unpaid internship. To qualify, students must meet criteria required for internship eligibility within their academic department. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need (based on FASFA information), clearly respond to the essay question, and submit a quality resume.
- Candidates and recipients shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University.
- Demonstration of financial need as defined by government programs is required.
- Candidates must be accepted by Grand Valley State University for enrollment or be attending the University to be eligible to receive this scholarship.
- This scholarship will be awarded to a candidate only once. Prior recipients may not reapply.
- Recipients of the award will be obligated to pay back all of the monies awarded within 30 days of occurrence if for any reason they:
- Withdraw/drop their academic credit for the experience.
- Quit or are terminated from their internship work site.
Candidates for this scholarship will complete the online application found on myScholarships.
*The application deadline is the first day of the second week of classes for the semester in which the student is completing his/her internship, with the exception of the fall semester; the fall semester deadline is September 3.
*NOTE: If you are completing a Spring or Summer semester internship, applications are due the first day of the second week of classes for the Spring Semester.
The recipients will be chosen by a Career Center selection committee in collaboration with the Financial Aid Office of Grand Valley State University. Notifications will be made through the myScholarships website.