Welcome to the University Budgets Office website.
The University Budgets Office is a department within the Finance and Administration Division. The Budget Office is responsible for leading the development of the annual General Fund budget that is ultimately presented to the Board of Trustees for their approval each year in July. The Budget Office coordinates the annual schedule, communicates due dates for budget requests, executes revenue and expenditure assumptions defined by Senior Management and prepares various budget presentation materials for Senior Management and the Board of Trustees. Our other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing Senior Management concise and accurate analyses to support decision-making.
- Assisting university departments in the development of their annual budgets.
- Assisting university departments in the estimation of wage and fringe benefit expenses related to new position requests.
- Managing the position control process.
- Monitoring budgets throughout the year by comparing actual results against the budget and communicating variances as necessary.
- Producing and submitting reports required by the State of Michigan, HEIDI, IPEDS and other agencies associated with higher education.
University Budgets Office
2015 James H. Zumberge Hall
1 Campus Dr.
Allendale, MI 49401
Phone: (616) 331-2831
Fax: (616) 331-3287