LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Budget Transfer Requests
How Do I Determine If I Need to Request a Budget Transfer or a Journal Entry Transfer?
Budget transfers can only be made within General Fund FOAPs (Fund Code 110000) and are used to shift budgeted funds between expense categories within one General Fund or from one General Fund FOAP to another to properly match budget to expense.
Journal Entry transfers are used to move expenses from one FOAP to another; for example, when an expense is charged to the incorrect FOAP. A Journal Entry transfer can also be used when funding needs to be transferred between a General Fund FOAP and a Non-General Fund FOAP.
How Do I Determine If I Need to Request a Base Budget Transfer and/or a Working Budget Transfer?
- Budget changes affecting only the current fiscal year require a working budget change request.
- Base budget changes that begin during the current fiscal year require both a base and working budget change request.
- Base budget changes affecting only future fiscal years require a base budget change request.
How Do I Request a Budget Transfer?
Budget transfer requests may be submitted in one of three ways:
- Complete and submit the Budget Transfer Request Form (see above)
- Complete the Budget Transfer Request using OnBase This is only for budget changes affecting the current fiscal year (Working Budget Changes)
- E-Mail the appropriate person in the Budget Office