Professional Writing Resources
- Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- West Michigan Shores Chapter of STC
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- IEEE Professional Communication Society (PCS)
- American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)
- Usability Professionals’ Association (UPA)
- AIGA: the professional association for design
- The Diane Feldman Technical Editing SIG Scholarship: Two $1400 scholarships. The first scholarship assists students who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in Technical Communication (or a related area, such as professional writing or digital media) and the second assists students who are pursuing a graduate degree in Technical Communication (or a related area, such as professional writing or digital media).
- Sigma Tau Chi (STX) Award: Students who are accepted into Sigma Tau Chi receive one year's membership in STC, a pin, and a t-shirt.
Professional Writing Programs
Other Essential Online Resources
- EServer TC library: A free online library for professional, scientific and technical communicators.
- The Official TECHWR-L For Technical Communicators
- The Forest of Rhetoric: This online rhetoric, provided by Dr. Gideon Burton of Brigham Young University, is a guide to the terms of classical and renaissance rhetoric. Sometimes it is difficult to see the forest (the big picture) of rhetoric because of the trees (the hundreds of Greek and Latin terms naming figures of speech, etc.) within rhetoric. This site is intended to help beginners, as well as experts, make sense of rhetoric, both on the small scale (definitions and examples of specific terms) and on the large scale (the purposes of rhetoric, the patterns into which it has fallen historically as it has been taught and practiced for 2000+ years).