LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Education and Outreach at AWRI
AWRI's education and outreach programs serve a variety of audiences:
- Educational cruises on the W.G. Jackson and the D.J. Angus vessels have reached over 184,000 people. See our Instructor's Manual and the Exploring the Lakes video for what happens on a cruise.
- Programs in AWRI's Annis Educational Foundation classroom can be customized for all ages. They highlight science at AWRI, such as the Muskegon Lake Buoy Observatory.
- Professional development workshops for educators are conducted in a variety of environmental education programs (Project WET, GLOBE (GLOBE website), Project Learning Tree, Population Education). AWRI coordinates Michigan Project WET.
- AWRI's education and outreach team participates in water festivals, community events, and the Making Lake Michigan Great tours.
- Environmental education curriculum development has focused on the Michigan Environmental Education Curriculum Support (MEECS) modules. Check out our links to Great Lakes education resources.