Student Complaint and Concern Process
If a student has an issue or concern, the student should contact the appropriate office to seek additional information.
- An overview of reporting incidents, including anonymous reporting, can be found on the Reporting website.
- For academic grievances, consult the Academic Grievance Procedures in the Catalog. (Academic grievances are generally defined as those involving procedures, policies, and grades in a course.)
- For Title IX and institutional equity concerns (e.g. sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination), contact the Title IX office.
- For other issues or concerns involving other students, contact the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.
- For a concern involving a faculty or staff member that is not an academic grievance, Title IX or institutional equity concern, see the procedures below.
- For general questions and guidance, contact the Dean of Students office or the Student Ombuds.
- Among other responsibilities, the Dean of Students office serves as an information resource for students and campus colleagues.
- The Student Ombuds strives to promote fairness and foster a positive campus environment by assisting students with conflict resolution and problem-solving related to their university working, learning, or living experiences.