Welcome to the Department of Public Health at Grand Valley State University. Public Health professionals promote good health and prevent disease within communities. Grand Valley prepares students through our new and emerging programs, and uses collaborative partnerships to meet diverse community health needs through educating future leaders, and promoting social justice and excellence in practice.
Welcome to the Department of Public Health. We offer new and emerging programs at GVSU that will continue to expand in the coming years.
Coming in 2020! Our new Weekend Hybrid M.P.H. degree program is expected to launch with a Fall 2020 cohort. More details will be available soon.
Did You Know?
GVSU does not charge out-of-state tuition for Graduate students!
Interested in Learning More About the MPH program?
Join the Director of the MPH program, Dr. Ranelle Brew, to learn how and why you should earn your Master of Public Health degree at Grand Valley State University.
We invite you to attend an upcoming Information Event:
1) Attend an MPH OPEN HOUSE session. RSVP strongly recommended - Register to attend an MPH OPEN HOUSE.
- ALLENDALE - Tuesday, July 2 @ 3pm. Kirkhof Center (Rm 1142)
- GRAND RAPIDS - TBA
2) Attend our MPH Weekend OPEN HOUSE + TOUR - Tour the new Raleigh J. Finkelstein Building, including our Public Health offices, classrooms, study spaces, and more.
- TBA - Fall 2019 dates will be announced soon
3) Prospective national and international applicants can join us for an interactive Online MPH Information Session with Dr. Ranelle Brew.
- Wednesday, July 10 @ 12pm (Pre-registration for the online session is required) Register to participate in an Online MPH Information Session.
- Thursday, August 1 @ 10am (Pre-registration for the online session is required) Register to participate in an Online MPH Information Session.
Online MPH Information Session Registrants will receive an email link/login approximately 1-2 business days prior to the online session. Use of Google Chrome is required for the session, but sessions are accessible using your desktop, laptop, notebook/tablet, and smartphone. Please note: the MPH degree program is not an online program.
Applications for the Master of Public Health program are being accepted for Fall 2019
The application deadline has been extended! Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis, for a limited time.
(7/1/19) The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) Board of Councilors acted at its June 13-15, 2019 meeting to accredit the Master of Public Health program at GVSU for a five-year term. Based on CEPH procedures and the documentation submitted, the program's initial accreditation date is recorded as June 18, 2016. The accreditation term extends until July 1, 2024, pending the program's continued documentation of compliance through a spring 2020 interim report, annual reporting, and any other reporting required by the Council. The official accreditation report and final self-study are available upon request; to obtain copies, please contact our program director, Dr. Ranelle Brew (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Public Health is a Certified Healthy Department - Again!
Public Health recently received its fifth consecutive recognition as a "Certified Healthy Department" by the GVSU Health and Wellness team! Grand Valley aims to be the Healthiest Campus in Michigan, and one way they encourage us to embrace and support a culture of health and wellness is through the Certified Health Department Program. Twenty-three departments earned the certified health designation for 2019. We are proud to be a part of this valuable program!
Read more about GVSU's Certified Healthy Department program.