We're Hiring! Economics Assistant Professor
September 04, 2019
Economics Assistant Professor
Grand Valley State University Department of Economics in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for faculty positions beginning in Fall 2020. Each open position is for an Assistant Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Economics or a closely related field from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution by August 2020 and be interested in teaching in both the undergraduate and M.B.A. programs. Applicants with experience and/or interest in teaching data analytics, health economics, industrial organization, or labor economics are preferred, however all teaching interests will be considered. Salary is competitive. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area, with significant leisure time activities available. Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity. Grand Valley State University is an EOE, which includes providing equal opportunity for racial and ethnic minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. University policy extends protections to additional identities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
Required Qualifications and Education
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2020. Current A.B.D. candidates will be considered.
- Terminal degree closely related to the discipline of position
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Excellent candidates in any related field will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with expertise in applied data analysis with additional specialization in the areas of health economics, industrial organization, or labor economics
- Relevant industry experience
- Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA) as well as provide service to the department, college, university and community is expected
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards is expected
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
- For details about Seidman College of Business visit www.gvsu.edu/seidman
- The Economics Department has 16 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
How to Apply
- Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu To be considered, applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
(1) Cover letter to include your teaching philosophy and research interests
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution
(4) Teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons
(5) Sample of completed or in-progress research work
- On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Gerry Simons (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-7419).
- Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by November 15, 2019 to assure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.