Joerg Picard earned his Ph.D. in finance at Michigan State University in 2015. He teaches introductory and intermediate corporate finance and received the “Excellence in Teaching Award” from Michigan State University’s finance department in 2012/2013. His main research interest is in market microstructure, more specifically computer algorithmic and high-frequency trading. Joerg Picard is also an active angel investor and has helped funding around a dozen start-up companies around West-Michigan through a local angel group.
- Ph.D., Finance, Michigan State University (2015)
- MBA, University of California, Irvine (1999)
- Dipl. Ing. (M.Sc.E.), RWTH Aachen, Germany, (1995)
- Corporate Finance
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Foundations Endowments Family Offices (FEFO) committee member 2015-Present
- Member of Grand Angels investment group 2009-Present